If you’re an avid nature lover, chances are you feel happier when surrounding yourself with what you love. It isn’t always possible to head out into the woods for some relaxing time away from it all, however. Instead, you can choose to surround yourself with things that will remind you of the great outdoors.
This is actually good for your mental health. Surrounding yourself with things that make you happier can drastically boost your overall quality of life. It helps you deal with everyday stressors better, and (in certain circumstances) assist in better sleep, which translates to higher energy levels.
If you’re ready to reap the benefits of surrounding yourself with something you love, here are some terrific tips on how to do that at your home, office, or even in your car.
· Make use of wildlife-themed décor in your home or office deer, owls, and black bear decor are all popular choices, although the option exists to have décor on hand for virtually any wildlife species.
· Keep house plants indoors. This will not only help you feel like you are outdoors while inside, but also helps keep the air in your home cleaner. This is especially great if you live in an area prone to smog or other air pollutants.
· Hang images of your favorite landscapes where you will often see them. This could be the mountains, beach, woodlands, marsh, etc. The images can be taken by you, or simply purchased.
· Invest in a ‘Sounds of Nature’ soundtrack for those times when you really need to relax, such as in traffic or as you are about to fall asleep.
· Choose a scent that reminds you of your favorite natural spots to be used as an aerosol in the home or car freshener. Popular choices include lavender, rose, and cinnamon.